30 Day Challenge, Day 5
Isaiah 41:10 Living Bible
Fear not, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed. I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will uphold you with my victorious right hand
Did you know that inside the Jefferson Memorial in Washington D.C., built to honor the third president of our country and the leader of the Declaration of Independence, is a 19-foot bronze statue of Thomas Jefferson? Did you know that carved on the surrounding walls of the memorial are Jefferson's words that have God-centered statements, including:
"God who gave us life gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, that His justice cannot sleep forever."
"Almighty God hath created the mind free. All attempts to influence it by temporal punishments or burdens….are a departure for the plan of the holy Author of our religion."
"Jesus pushed His scrutinies into the heart of man, erected His tribunal in the regions of His thoughts, and purified the waters at the fountain head."
Every person who walks through the memorial can read these timeless God-centered statements and know how these great men esteemed the God of the Bible. These statements serve as a reminder to keep pressing on in the liberty God has given us even when the going gets tough.
We’ve all experienced difficult seasons. You might be in one right now. Maybe it’s a challenging teenager or an overbearing boss. Perhaps its financial pressure that seems to linger no matter how hard you work or how much you save. Maybe it’s a secret addiction that you get free of, then comes roaring back. Look, whatever it is, this scripture, like the God centered statements found in the Jefferson memorial, encourages us to keep trusting in the Lord who is our helper whether we realize it or not. His love for us is beyond our comprehension. That’s why we have to take his love by faith beyond our feelings. By faith recognize God is with you right now. By faith know there is nothing you can do to earn Gods love for you. By faith raise yourself up in the middle of the weariness with a new found love from your Heavenly Father. If weariness persists, say in the face of it – “ God loves me. God is not mad at me. God is for me. God is seeing me through this. This thing will pass.” Eventually, you will notice the weariness less and less. Hope will rise in your heart, to not only believe for the breakthrough, but receive it too!
- Read - Re-read Isaiah 41:10
- Think - Imagine what it would be like to walk through difficulties with confidence knowing God is holding you up. Imagine walking in the breakthrough right now. Imagine the joy of being free and thanking God for the freedom.
- Write - Journal about what you are imagining and the things you will do being free of that difficulty.
- Pray - Ask God to help you experience His intense love for you. Ask Him to open your mind to His faithfulness. Thank Him for being your helper whether you feel it or not.
- Take away - God is upholding you through this season. He is carrying you whether you feel it or not. Yield to His care by taking moments throughout the day to say “God loves me. God is with me. God is seeing me through this today.”