30 DAY CHALLENGE, DAY 3
Galatians 5:1 NKJV
Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
Did you know the Liberty Bell got its name from being rung on July 8, 1776, at the first public reading of the Declaration of Independence? Did you know that the liberty bell was cast in England by order of Pennsylvania in 1752 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the colonies’ existence? It was declared a year of Jubilee, according to the scripture Leviticus 25:10, which was cast onto the bell and reads “Proclaim liberty throughout the land and to all the inhabitants thereof.”
Our founders knew that true liberty could only come from the Lord, which is why they inscribed Leviticus 25:10 on that bell for all the ages to see. Galatians 5:1 tells us that Christ has made us free so we should stand fast in that liberty. But it also says not to be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. What bondage is it referring to? John 10:10 tells us the thief comes to steal, kill and destroy, but I (Jesus) have come that you would have life and life more abundantly. The yoke of bondage comes from Satan and the destructive lifestyle he peddles to people: the deception that money is all you need; the deception that God is mad at you; the deception that you are a loser, so why waste your time living.
Do you wrestle with thoughts of unworthiness? Do you feel hopeless and feel like you’re fighting an uphill battle? Does it feel like things will never get better? It’s time to “stand fast therefore” against Satan’s deception and proclaim liberty of him! Christ has made us free, whether we feel free or not. That’s one of the enemy’s deceptions. He knows you’re free. But do you know it? Use the knowledge of this freedom and stop listening to the lies. In the face of those defeating thoughts say, “I’m God’s child. I’m more than a conqueror. I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me.” Challenge yourself to speak to those defeating thoughts with faith-filled words. In doing so, you will take your stand in the liberty Christ has given you.
- Read - Re-read Galatians 5:1.
- Think - Think about the freedom and the abundant life Jesus offers us.
- Write - Journal about the bondages that seem to entangle you from the abundant life Jesus has for you.
- Pray - Ask God to show you any deceptions you’ve brought into, then ask Him to help you walk in freedom in those areas.
- Take Away - Pay attention today to the thoughts you are dwelling on. Are they thoughts of God’s love and acceptance or the same old “you’re unworthy” ones? Replace those negative thoughts with faith-filled words.